Monday, April 9, 2012

Test Prep

I was on vacation last week so I didn't post. However I did spend time stalking other bloggers. I even added some comments to a couple of sites.

The state test is two weeks away. How are you preparing your class?

I have obtained sample tests and pasted individual selections on cardstock. The questions for each selection are also glued to cardstock. I have 7 different selections all on color coded cardstock. Today I modeled the procedure that we will use to work in small groups. Each group will work on a different selection each day. That means it will take 7 days to complete this activity. The teams have been determined by me so that varing abilities are on each team. The teams are competing against each other in cooperatve groups and each member of the team has specific jobs. I will average the score of all 7 selections and the winning team will receive a special prize. The class is excited to get started. I hope I gave enough info so that you can try this with you group. If you need more details, I woild be happy to oblige.

2 comments:

  1. That's a neat idea that I haven't tried before. I'm from Ohio, around Dayton. We could be neighbors!

    Christi ツ
    Ms. Fultz’s Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. As you can see, I'm new to blogging and appreciate your comment. BTW I live in northeast Ohio so we're not real close neighbors.

      Delete