Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Made-it

Although this was posted before, I just realized that it reverted to a draft. Don't know how that happened. So I'm reposting it.
I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics. This is my first time joining a linky so I hope I'm doing this correctly.

My theme is space. It includes stars, planets, rockets and robots. This weekend I made one of those face cutouts using a robot character. On the first day of school the students will be able to poke their heads through the opening in the robot's head and become little robots for a few minutes. I'm sure they'll love it! I think I'll use the photo for the cover of their writing journal.


Supplies: presentation board, poster paint, foam cutouts, exacto knife

I drew the robot freehand and painted it. Then I added the self-stick foam stars and gears. Finally, I cut out the opening for the face (black area).

9 comments:

  1. This is really cute, I can't believe you drew it by hand. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Your students are going to love this robot. Thanks for sharing your great idea.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I am very impressed! I would love to do this for my robot theme this year. Unfortunately, my free-hand drawing is not up to par with yours. Maybe I shall try anyway! Thanks for sharing. I LOVE this idea!

    Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to everyone that has left a comment. It really encourages me!

      Liliris, you could find a robot image and project it onto the board. Then all you'd have to do is trace it.

      Delete
  4. That is such a fun idea! How creative. The kids are going to love it! Thanks for sharing!
    Cathy :)
    http://cisforcookiesclasscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great. I want to make a monster one. Thank you for sharing how you made yours.

    Lorena
    Little Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Awesome. I am your newest follower. I would love to have you come by and visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable idea! That turned out so great!!!! You should be an artist!!! How fun for your kiddos!!! Thanks for linking up...you did it right:) Hope you come back:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible idea! Those pictures are going to be so stinkin' cute! =)

    Welcome to blogging also. I hope you love it as much as I do. I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete