Monday, August 6, 2012

Made It Monday - Teaching Avatar



I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics. This will be my first attempt at scheduling a post. Tomorrow is my first day teaching summer school. Our district uses summer school as a jump start to the new school year. It is open to any incoming second through fifth grade student. Anyway, I will be busy with students so I hope this works.

My creation today is an avatar. I have to tell you that in the past, Social Studies was my least favorite subject to teach. Now, I am anxious to try out some new and exciting things. My avatar is just one of those things.

I went to Voki to create this alien avatar for my class. He will definitely grab their attention! For this visit, he will give a short  introduction to artifacts. (60 seconds is the longest that the free avatar will speak...but that's okay...I don't want him replacing me...lol)  Then I'll take over the lesson by showing some artifacts of our area that I've collected in a treasure box. I'll encourage the students to go home and search for an artifact that tells about the past.

Click here for the link to my alien avatar teaching about artifacts. After listening to him, click on the Voki pic and create your own. It's so simple.

2 comments:

  1. I think archaeologist the world wide will agree that you are an awesome teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am definitely excited about using this teaching avatar.

    ReplyDelete